Dates: 2-hour Online Orientation: January 28, 9-11 am EST and February 4 – March 11 (7 Zoom sessions total)
Details: This course is a mixture of online modules you will complete in your own time and once a week online Zoom calls with an ARISE® trainer. Receive 33 PCB and CACCF-approved continuing education hours.
Online Modules Times:
Friday Zoom Discussion Day and Times:
*January 28: Orientation – we’ll meet for 2 hours (6am PT / 7am MT / 8am CT / 9am ET )
*After the orientation meeting, will meet for 5 (includes 30 min lunch break) hours every Friday at 6am PT / 7am MT / 8am CT / 9am ET / 1pm GMT
Any missed Zoom training time can be made up in a one-on-one video conference with an ARISE® Trainer at the rate of $250/hour. Typically, missing one morning/afternoon session will require 1 – 2 hours of make-up time. Please make arrangements with the training office.
PART I: ARISE® EDUCATIONAL INTENSIVE
ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention Workshop (no prerequisites)
This workshop can be taken:
- By experienced interventionists choosing to learn a new model
- By therapists, clinicians, counselors, and administrators as a general course with 33 PCB-approved continuing education hours
- As the first step toward becoming a Certified ARISE® Interventionist (CAI)
The curriculum provides:
1. Practice of learning ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention
- Learning to conduct the three levels of the ARISE® Intervention
- Applying ARISE® Comprehensive Care / Case Management
- Building a family genogram and recognizing family patterns
- Mobilizing a family support network
- Determining level of care
- Understanding when an intervention is necessary
- Collaborating with family, support network, professionals and treatment providers/facilities
2. A theoretical overview of:
- The origins of addiction
- The relationship of trauma and loss to addiction, behavioral health, and mental health issues
- The role of families in recovery from addiction and mental health challenges
- ARISE® research and outcome data
- Neurobiology and addiction
- Professional ethics
3. Training Methodology
- Skill building
- Experiential exercises and role-plays
- Small and large-group exercises
- Interactive lectures
PART II: COMPLETE ARISE® INTERNSHIP TO BECOME A CERTIFIED ARISE® INTERVENTIONIST
Click here for information on becoming a Certified ARISE® Interventionist.
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED READING
Invitational Intervention: A Step by Step Guide for Clinicians Helping Families Engage Resistant Substance Abuses in Treatment
Gale Saler, LCPC, CRC-MAC, CAI, CIP | Director of ARISE® Consulting, Senior ARISE® Trainer, ARISE® Consultant
Earn 33 CACCF/PCB-approved Continuing Education Hours by completing Part I: ARISE® 3-Day Continuing Care with Intervention Training.
Part I: ARISE® Education Intensive: $1250
- Refresher Registration: $500 (Welcome back ARISE® Alums! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code.)
- Group Discounts: Register in a group of 3 – 4, receive 5% off. Register in a group of 5 or more, receive 10% off.
Complete Part II: ARISE® Internship to become a Certified ARISE® Interventionist – Click here to learn more.
Refund Policy: Cancelled registrations less than 4 weeks prior to the training date can be rolled over to a future ARISE® training – no refunds will be issued. Cancellations more than 4 weeks prior to the training date can either be rolled over to a future ARISE® training or receive a refund of 90% of the paid registration (10% administrative processing fee). Eligible refunds will be issued via check within 2 weeks following the training.