PART I: ARISE® EDUCATIONAL INTENSIVE
A) ARISE® 3-Day Comprehensive Care with Intervention Workshop (no prerequisites)
This workshop can be taken:
- By experienced interventionists choosing to learn a new model
- By therapists, clinicians, counselors, and administrators as a general course with 28 PCB-approved continuing education hours
- As the first step toward becoming a Certified ARISE® Interventionist (CAI)
Dates: Thursday, June 28; Friday, June 29; and Saturday, June 30
Training Time: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm CT.
**Please plan your travel arrangements around completing the course by 5:30 p.m. on Saturday. Any missed training time can be made up in a one-on-one Skype session with an ARISE® Trainer at the rate of $250/hour. Typically, missing one morning/afternoon session will require 1 – 2 hours of make up time. Please make arrangements with the training office.
The curriculum provides:
1. Practice of learning ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention
- Learning to conduct the three levels of the ARISE® Intervention
- Applying ARISE® Comprehensive Care / Case Management
- Building a family genogram and recognizing family patterns
- Mobilizing a family support network
- Determining level of care
- Understanding when an intervention is necessary
- Collaborating with family, support network, professionals and treatment providers/facilities
2. A theoretical overview of:
- The origins of addiction
- The relationship of trauma and loss to addiction, behavioral health, and mental health issues
- The role of families in recovery from addiction and mental health challenges
- The 3 Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB) approved intervention models, their history, and relevant data
- ARISE® research and outcome data
- Neurobiology and addiction
- Professional ethics
3. Training Methodology
- Hands-on skill building
- Experiential exercises and role-plays
- Small and large-group exercises
- Interactive lectures
B) ARISE® Practicum
- Complete 3-Day Comprehensive Care with Intervention Workshop
- Complete one online course (other courses optional)
ARISE® Practicum Information
- Apply and practice the ARISE® method with a hypothetical case to familiarize yourself with the protocol.
- Participants are placed in a small group that meets with an ARISE® instructor for a total of 12 hours via Zoom video conference.
- Meetings are held on Saturdays in blocks of 3 – 6 hours.
- Over the course of the meetings, participants create, develop, and present a hypothetical case using the ARISE® method.
PART II: BECOMING A CERTIFIED ARISE® INTERVENTIONIST
Click here for information on becoming a Certified ARISE® Interventionist.
Judith Landau, MD, DPM, LMFT, CFLE, CIP, CAI | President, Founder
Sarah Hills, LPC, CAC III, CIP, CAI | Associate Director of Training, ARISE® Senior Supervisor
Kevin Keefe, MSW, LICSW, CAI | ARISE® Supervisor, ARISE® Trainer
8283 River Rd Pike
Nashville, TN 37209
Earn 28 CIP/PCB-approved Continuing Education Hours by completing Part I: ARISE® 3-Day Continuing Care with Intervention Training.
Part I: ARISE® Education Intensive (fees include 3-day workshop and ARISE® Practicum)
- Standard Registration: $1,650
- Early Bird Registration (still available now!): $1,550
- Refresher Registration: $500 (Welcome back ARISE® Alums! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code.)
Complete Part II: ARISE® Supervision to become a Certified ARISE® Interventionist
- Standard Registration: $625 for 4 months of Group Supervision (a total of 16 weekly, 1-hour meetings via video conference)
- You will not find the option to register for ARISE® Supervision until after the 3-day workshop. Because ARISE® Supervision requires you to find and work on a live case under the guidance of an ARISE® Supervisor, you may want to register for ARISE® Supervision when you have found your case and are ready to join a group.
Refund Policy: Cancelled registrations less than 3 weeks prior to the training date can be rolled over to a future ARISE® training – no refunds will be issued. Cancellations more than 3 weeks prior to the training date can either be rolled over to a future ARISE® training or receive a refund of 90% of the paid registration (10% administrative processing fee). Eligible refunds will be issued via check within 2 weeks following the training.