Dates: 6 week course. June 16 – July 28, 2020
Details: This course is a mixture of online modules you will complete in your own time and twice weekly online Zoom calls with ARISE® trainers.
Online Modules Times:
Zoom Discussion Day and Times:
We will meet for 90 – 120 minutes on:
- Tuesdays at 6pm EST / 5pm CST / 4pm MST / 3pm PST
- Saturdays at 12pm EST / 11am CST / 10am MST / 9am PST
Any missed Zoom training time can be made up in a one-on-one video conference with an ARISE® Trainer at the rate of $250/hour. Typically, missing one morning/afternoon session will require 1 – 2 hours of make up time. Please make arrangements with the training office.
PART I: ARISE® EDUCATIONAL INTENSIVE
A) ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention Workshop (no prerequisites)
This workshop can be taken:
- By experienced interventionists choosing to learn a new model
- By therapists, clinicians, counselors, and administrators as a general course with 33 PCB-approved continuing education hours
- As the first step toward becoming a Certified ARISE® Interventionist (CAI)
The curriculum provides:
1. Practice of learning ARISE® Comprehensive Care with Intervention
- Learning to conduct the three levels of the ARISE® Intervention
- Applying ARISE® Comprehensive Care / Case Management
- Building a family genogram and recognizing family patterns
- Mobilizing a family support network
- Determining level of care
- Understanding when an intervention is necessary
- Collaborating with family, support network, professionals and treatment providers/facilities
2. A theoretical overview of:
- The origins of addiction
- The relationship of trauma and loss to addiction, behavioral health, and mental health issues
- The role of families in recovery from addiction and mental health challenges
- ARISE® research and outcome data
- Neurobiology and addiction
- Professional ethics
3. Training Methodology
- Skill building
- Experiential exercises and role-plays
- Small and large-group exercises
- Interactive lectures
B) ARISE® Practicum
- Complete Comprehensive Care with Intervention Workshop
ARISE® Practicum Information
- Apply and practice the ARISE® method to familiarize yourself with the protocol.
- Completion of the Practicum is optional. It is not required to join Supervision or become a Certified ARISE® Interventionist.
PART II: COMPLETE ARISE® INTERNSHIP TO BECOME A CERTIFIED ARISE® INTERVENTIONIST
Click here for information on becoming a Certified ARISE® Interventionist.
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED READING
Invitational Intervention: A Step by Step Guide for Clinicians Helping Families Engage Resistant Substance Abuses in Treatment
Judith Landau, MD, DPM, LMFT, CFLE, CIP, CAI | President, Founder
Sarah Hills, LPC, CAC III, CIP | Associate Director of ARISE® Training
Earn 33 CIP/PCB-approved Continuing Education Hours by completing Part I: ARISE® 3-Day Continuing Care with Intervention Training.
Part I: ARISE® Education Intensive: $1250
- Refresher Registration: $500 (Welcome back ARISE® Alums! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code.)
- Group Discounts: Register in a group of 3 – 4, receive 15% off. Register in a group of 5 or more, receive 20% off.
Complete Part II: ARISE® Internship to become a Certified ARISE® Interventionist – Click here to learn more.
Refund Policy: Cancelled registrations less than 4 weeks prior to the training date can be rolled over to a future ARISE® training – no refunds will be issued. Cancellations more than 4 weeks prior to the training date can either be rolled over to a future ARISE® training or receive a refund of 90% of the paid registration (10% administrative processing fee). Eligible refunds will be issued via check within 2 weeks following the training.