Adolescent Transitional Family Therapy (TFT)
ARISE® FACILITY TRAINING & CONSULTATION
Do you serve adolescents? Interested in an Evidence-Based, Best Practice method that can be integrated into your in-patient program, or implemented on an out-patient basis?
- TFT trainings for adolescent facilities are tailored specifically to addiction, dual-diagnosis, mental illness, and/or process addictions, depending on your organization’s area of focus.
- TFT for adolescents is an Evidence-Based, Best Practice, manual-driven1,12-module protocol that can be implemented as an intensive or as modules, depending on the length of your organization’s program. (Landau, et al., 2004.)
- In an NIAAA clinical trial comparing TFT with TAU (adolescent group therapy) TFT was found to be significantly more effective.
Transitional Family Therapy:
- Recognizes individuals and families as inherently healthy and competent, although disrupted from normal functioning by trauma, loss, and stress
- Removes blame, shame and guilt, restoring a sense of competence and hope
- Helps families to identify and change their intergenerational patterns
- Guides the family in resolving their grief and re-establishing healthy, sustainable lifestyles
- Protects current and future generations
- Was found to be more effective than “treatment as usual” with adolescent substance use disorder
Adolescent TFT Training Program
Part I of Training is either a 5-day intensive, or 2 intensives (3-day, followed by 2-day)
Part II consists of supervision/consultation over a 6-12 month period
- The role of families and how to work with them
- Assessment, enlisting the family, and building contracts
- Genograms and time-lines
- Support for behavior change
- Recognizing and learning to deal with triggers in individual, family and environment
- The relationship of trauma and loss to addiction and mental illness
- Identifying intergenerational scripts and themes, and establishing a pathway to recovery
- The role of trauma and loss and family loyalties
- Monitoring, maintaining, and handing over to family for long-term healing
Methods include: Experiential role plays, interactive discussion, didactics, videos, etc.
CERTIFIED ARISE® FACILITIES
To talk with someone about setting up an ARISE® training at your facility, please contact the ARISE® Training Manger at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-390-4359