Drug names can vary by region, state, and country, dependent on those who you talk to, each drug could be referred to by multiple nicknames, or street names – it can almost be hard to keep up with them all.
Drug abuse does not always happen out in the open, and most commonly occurs in secret from friends, family, and coworkers. If someone you know may be struggling with a substance abuse disorder, or may be in danger from an overdose, it can become important to know which drugs your loved one has ingested. The following is a list of some of the most popular names that could be used when referring to these prevalent illegal drugs.
THIRTEEN COMMONLY USED DRUGS & THEIR CORRESPONDING STREET NAMES
1. MDMA – Adam, Bean, Blue kisses, Candy, Clarity, Dancing Shoes, Disco Biscuits, Doves, E-bomb, Ecstasy, Egg Rolls, Eve, Hug Drug, Love Drug, Malcolm, Malcolm-X, Mercedes, Molly, New Yorkers, Skittles, Smartees, Thizz, X, XTC, Vowels
2. Heroin – Aunt Hazel, Big H, Black Pearl, Black Tar, Brown Crystal/Tar, Brown Sugar, Chiba, China White, Chiva, Dope, Dragon, H., Nod, Tar, Scag, Scat Smack, White, White Lady
3. Cocaine – Badrock, Base, Ball, Baseball, Bazooka, Beat, Big Rush, Blanca, Blow, Brick, C., Cola, Crack, G-Rock, Happy Trails, Hardball, Haven Dust, Flake, Icing, Monster, Nose Candy, Rail, Snow, Snow White, Stash, Toot, White Dust, White Powder, Yeyo
4. Methamphetamine – Amp, Blue Belly, Crank, Cris, Christy, Crystal, Crystal Meth, Ice, La Glass, Poor Man’s Coke, Tweak, White Crunch, Wash, White Cross
5. Alprazolam (Xanax) – Benzos, Blue Footballs, Planks, School Bus, Upjohn, White Boys, White Girls, Xannies, Xanabars, Yellow Boys, Z-bars, Zanbars
6. Cannabis – 420, Blubbers, Blunt, Boom, Chronic, Dagga, Dope, Gangster, Ganja, Grass, Hash, Hashish, Hay, Herb, Joint, Marijuana, Mary Jane, Pot, Reefer, Skun, Skunk, Weed
7. LSD – Acid, Blaze, Blotter, Blotter Acid, Boomers, Cheer, Doses, Dots, Flash, Hits, Lucy, Microdot, Purple Haze, Pyramid,Tabs, Trips, Smilies, Sugar Cubes, Superman, Stars, White Lightening, Window Pane, Yellow Sunshine
8. Ketamine – Cat Tranquilizer, Cat Valium, Green, Jet, K, Kit Kat, Purple, Special K, Super C
9. Dextromethorphan – Dex, Drex, Orange Crush, Poor Man’s PCP, Red Devils, Red Hots, Robo, Rojo, Skittles, Triple C, Tussin, Velvet, Velvet Syrup, Vitamin D
10. Fentanyl – Apache, China Girl, China Town, China White, Dance Fever, Friend, Goodfella, Great Bear, He-Man, Jackpot, King Ivory, Murder 8, Perc-a-Pop, Poison, Tango & Cash
11. Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB) – Blue Nitro, Caps, Cherry fX Bombs, Cherry Meth, Easy Lay, Everclear, Fantasy, Firewater, Gamma G, Gamma Hydrate, Georgia Homeboy, Grievous Bodily Harm, G-Riffic, Liquid Ecstasy, Liquid E, Liquid X, Poor Man’s Heroin, Salty Water, Soap, Water, Wolfies
12. Opium – A-Bomb, Aunti, Big O, Black, Buddha, Chandoo, Chinese Molasses, Chinese Tobacco, Chocolate, Cruz, Dopium, Dreams, Easing Powder, Gee, Great Tobacco, Gum, Guma, O, O.P., Pox, Skee, Ze, Zero
13. Phencyclidine (PCP) – Angel Dust, Cliffhanger, Goon Dust, Happy Sticks, Embalming Fluid, Hog, Kools, Ozone, Peter Pan, Lethal Weapon, Rocket Fuel, Wack
If you are concerned that a friend or loved one may be struggling with drug use and addiction, knowing some of these street names could prove to be an invaluable tool. It is possible to get help without hitting “rock bottom” and ARISE® Drug and Alcohol Intervention can help your friend or loved one on the road to recovery.