An Overview of ARISE® Continuing Care with Intervention
ARISE® introduces the addicted person and the family to a new life of recovery and healing. The individual does not need to hit bottom before getting help. Through our 24/7 hotline, our national network of Certified ARISE® Interventionists provides a service that is carefully aligned with your specific needs and budget.
Using a compassionate Invitational Intervention®, the ARISE® Continuum of Care is a gradually-escalating process of respectful, gentle family meetings, that leads your loved one into appropriate treatment and recovery. Your Person of Concern is invited to join the process right from the beginning with no surprises, no secrets, no coercion, and absolute respect and love.
The ARISE® process breaks the cycle of repeated disappointment, failure and fear, without the blame, shame, and guilt that accompanies the disease. It brings healing to family, friends and co-workers who come together to build a solid recovery network. It works because the entire network is involved, and every decision is made by the majority. There is no opportunity for the addicted individual to pressure anyone “one-on-one” which would let the disease win. The focus of ARISE® is on both individual and family healing and recovery.
- ARISE® gets over 83% of addicted individuals into treatment in three weeks.
- 96% enter treatment in six months.
- 61% sober by the end of the first year, with 10% more using less.
The ARISE® Intervention is directed towards getting the addicted loved one into treatment with the least possible effort through a loving, compassionate and non-blaming First Call and First Meeting. The support system is mobilized to form a committed Intervention Network to motivate the addicted individual into treatment. Phase A has three levels and the goal is to stop at the first level that works:
- Level 1, “The First Call”, starts when a Concerned Other calls a Certified ARISE® Interventionist for a free phone consultation, and is coached to set up the First Meeting of the Intervention Network. 56% of addicted individuals enter treatment at Level 1.
- Level 2, “Strength in Numbers”, begins If they have not entered treatment during Level 1. The Intervention Network acts as a Board of Directors, so no one deals one-on-one with the addicted individual. By the end of 2 to 5 Intervention Network meetings, 80% of addicted individuals have entered treatment.
- Level 3, “The Formal ARISE® Intervention”, is held if treatment entry has not occurred during Level 2. At this meeting serious consequences are put in place if the addicted individual does not enter treatment. By this point, 83% of addicted individuals have entered treatment.
ARISE® Continuing Care begins when the addicted individual enters treatment, and lasts for 6 months. The goals are individual and family healing and recovery. It includes, if possible, the family and individual becoming involved in an appropriate support group. The Certified ARISE® Interventionist works collaboratively with the addicted individual, the treatment center, and the family to ensure treatment completion, relapse prevention, and the resolution of grief and other problems at the root of the pain and the addictive disease. ARISE® Continuing Care focuses on the Certified ARISE® Interventionist working with the Intervention Network and addicted individual to prevent relapse, initiate long-term recovery, and complete the work towards family healing and recovery. This includes ensuring that work, life style, social circle, family relationships and personal decisions made for personal growth in Continuing Care are happening for individual and family.
You Are NOT Alone
Our dedicated Certified ARISE® Interventionists can help your loved one get the help they need to find recovery from their addiction. They will also work with you to:
- Select a treatment facility that serves best fits the needs of your loved one
- Understand the disease
- Learn how best to reduce relapses
- Improve long-term health
- Work with you to motivate your loved one to get the help
- Work towards long-term health and healing for your loved one and the whole family
Over the next six months following treatment, your Certified ARISE® Interventionist will continue working with you and your family towards building long-term recovery and healing for you all. The Interventionist will also coordinate with the treatment facility or other treating professionals to determine the appropriate next steps for recovery.
With the correct treatment and involvement of both family and Person of Concern, a healthy life is possible. Family and friends play a substantial role in recovery. Our Certified ARISE® Interventionists are ready to work with you, your loved one, and your family, to find the appropriate treatment.
ARISE® Continuing Care with Invitational Intervention is:
- A series of respectful, gentle family meetings provided through a concierge service, wherever you choose
- Focused on individual and family long-term recovery
- Specialized in adolescents, young adults, children, the elderly, all age groups and families
- Proven in federal research to be the most successful intervention
- Provided by a national and international network of interventionists aligned with your specific needs and budget
- Personalized case management (intensive or as needed)
- Safe transitions; safe passage; guided, supported transportation
- Coaching in home or out